I miss Little Thumbs Up a lot and i miss YOUs too. Between sorry for not dropping by your blog to visit you but i will drop by soon :p I am sharing here a popular Mexico bun that is a hit in my place sometimes ago. Now the bakery have close down and i don't know why but i can tell you that this Mexico bun is so delicious! It has crunchY topping in coffee flavor with soft and fluffy texture inside with buttery taste.
I made some tweet to this Mexico bun. From just Mexico bun, i made it into Neslo Mexico Buns. When these buns were baked in the oven, the whole kitchen was full of Neslo aroma. It smells so good!! My boys can't wait to taste it.
|Soft and fluffy texture inside!|
|Nescafe and Milo powder mixed into paste.|
|Piped the two flavor paste alternatively onto the top of the rested buns|
Neslo Mexico Buns
Recipe adapted from Home Baking (this book is in Chinese)
Makes 6 buns
Ingredients for the buns:
270g bread flour
30g plain flour
8g skim milk powder (I use full cream milk powder)
6g instant yeast
45g castor sugar
50g whole egg
1 Tbsp honey
35g unsalted butter
3 Tbsp salted butter
Neslo topping :
½ Tbsp instant Nescafe (I use 1 tsp, add some milk to mix into a paste)
2 tsp Milo (I added, mix with some milk into a paste)
50g unsalted butter
40g castor sugar
½ whole egg (break an egg into a bowl, light beaten then take out half of it)
40g plain flour
15g almond meal
1. Add all the buns ingredients (excluding butter) into the mixer bowl. Knead till it becomes a rough dough (I use speed 2 to knead about 5 minutes) Add in butter and continue knead into a smooth and elastic dough. Round the dough round and place into the oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Let it rest for 50 to 60 minutes or double its size.
2. Punch down the dough to expel out some air. Divide it into 6 equal portions.
Rolled them round and let it rest for 10 minutes. Flatten the dough and wrap some unsalted butter and sealed neatly with seam side down placing onto a greased baking tray. Do the same to the rest of the doughs.
3. Cover with a cling wrap or a clean cloth. Place it in a warm place and let it rest for 40 to 50 minutes or double its size.
4. To do the topping:
1. Mix the topping ingredients together (exclude the nescafe and milo paste)
When the topping have all combined, divide it into 2 portions. One portion add in Milo paste and one add in Nescafe paste.
2. Fill both paste into each individual zip lock bags or plastic bags. Snip of the tip of the bag and piped the topping alternatively between two flavor on top of the rested buns.
3. Bake the buns in a preheated oven at 180C for 22 to 25 minutes.
1) Your post must be a current post, preferably within this month
2) Please mention Little Thumbs Up in your post3) Please also mention Little thumbs Up in your post and link back to Bake for Happy Kids and my little favourite DIY
**What is coming up next??
We are having Jess from Bakericious again, Oh, yes again, Zoe and i love to have her to host for October with her new theme COCONUT!! Stay Tuned~~