This Seremban Siew Paus are full of flavour. I love the extra sauce in the filling, it makes the Siew Pau even tastier.
I am submitting this post to Malaysia Food Fest ,Negeri Sembilan month,
Host by Hody Loh of Cook 4 you & me
Seremban Siew Pau/ Seremban Roasted bun
Recipe source : Catherine Chia and Cook 4 You & Me
Pastry method source : My Kitchen Snippets
( A )
60g butter-I use salted butter
( B )
500g pork or chicken meat-I minced it.
some cooking oil
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tsp light soy sauce
1tsp dark soy sauce
1tsp sesame oil
1/2tsp white pepper
pinch of five spice powder
1/2 tbsp corn starch
The making of the siew pau flaky skin...
Prepared the two different pastry for the siew pau skin.
- Divide pastry A and B into 20 equal pieces. (bigger pieces are pastr doy A and smaller pieces are pastry B)
- Wrap dough B in dough A.
- Shape it round.
- Flatten it.
- Roll dough into a long flat piece (like a swiss roll)
- Put the dough 90deg and roll into flat again and re-roll up like a swiss roll again.
- Put into fridge for 30 minutes.
- Put the dough up straight and press down with palm and lightly rolled into a flat disc.
Wrapped in the fillng, pleated into bao shape and arrange in baking tray.
Brush some egg mixture onto the siew pau.
Sprinkle some sesame seed onto each siew pau.
sprinkle sesame seeds 'generously' :p
My boys love this Seremban Siew Pau.