Attractive strawberry, tempted to give it a bite....:p What is more delicious then red juicey strawberry cover with sliky smoothe cream that roll in a soft sponge cake ....^^
My second attempt to do this Strawberry Swiss Roll. Whole strawberries were roll in a piece of sponge cake. This is a marble sponge cake, the marble effect, red yeast rice powder is added.
~my second attempted swiss roll "strawberry swiss roll....^o^ "~
Ingredient for the cake:
35g butter ~ melted
5 egg yolks
25g castor sugar
4 egg whites
75g castor sugar
50g plain flour
1 tsp red yeast rice powder
150g whipping cream ~ Whipped
20g castor sugar
some whole strawberries
1) Greased and lined the baking tray. Preheated oven at 190c. Melted the butter, set aside. (do not over heat the butter)
2) Whisk the yolks and sugar over double-boiling water until the yolks is it pale yellow colour. Set aside.
3) Whisk egg whites until it is soft peak form. (by adding sugar a little at a time while whisking the whites)
4) Fold the beaten egg whites into egg yolks batter. (divide into 3 times to fold in, do not over mix)
5) Lastly fold in the melted butter then 1 tsp of the red yeast rice powder. (do not over mix or you will not get the marble effect of the red yeast rice powder)
~cake is cooling on the wire rack after baking for 12minutes~
6) Bake in oven for 12 minutes.
~arrange the strawberries on top.....^^ ~
~ready to roll.....~
7) Let the cake cool, spread whipped cream on the cake and arrange strawberries on and roll it up. Let the cake set in the fridge for at least 30-60minutes.
~strawberry roll....:p can't wait to taste it...forgotten to take picture of the whole roll ...~
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my humble blog. I would love to hear from you.
Hope that you are having a nice day ^_^