I am impressed the cake turn out so well, although there is no baking powder nor baking soda add to the cake.
Crumbly, moist, and so fragrance.
I bake it in a 6 inches round baking tin.
M Cuningham's Almond Butter Cake (杏仁奶油蛋糕)
Recipe refer here
I bake half of the recipe which give me a 6 inches round cake
(below is the record of half of the original recipe)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp soft butter or non-stick cooking spray (for greasing cake pan.)
- Preheat oven at 175C Grease the bottom and sides of the cake pan with soft butter or non-sticking baking spray.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium low heat, stirring regularly. (i zap into the mircowave oven for 45 seconds.
- Pour melted butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl, stir till smooth.
- Crack egg in and stir till it is creamy and one color.
- Add salt, almond extract, vanilla extract, and flour and stir briskly till batter is smooth,
- Using a spatula to scrap the batter into the prepared cake pan. Spread evenly in the cake pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tbsp sugar, then the almond flakes over the top of the batter.
- Put the cake pan on the middle rack of the oven and set timer for 30 minutes.
- When it is cooked, the cake should look light brown on the top and when you insert a toothpick into the center, it should have a few sticky crumbs adhering to it.
- If the cake is not browned enough and the toothpick comes out too wet the cake back into the oven and check it again in another 10 minutes.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut the cake into small wedge and serve with fresh fruits.
- The cake will stay fresh for about a week and will freeze indefinitely.
Please join us in BRFE and link your post with us HERE. Do paste the BRFE badge in your post and do link a recent post, preference this month.
Let's go Nuts!!!