It's Little Thumbs Up February 2015 month. Sorry for my slacking of post lately. Something have been bugging me and i am trying to straighten it out!! ><
Back to Little Thumbs Up for February. We are glad have Grace from Life can be Simple to be our host for this month with her theme "CHOCOLATE'
Hey!! do you love chocolate?? I bet everyone does, but at least everyone that i knew love chocolate! Come Join Us and have fun!
Sacher Torte always gives me a very authentic and classy feel kind of cake. Originated from Austria, Vienna, Sachertorte is a specific type of chocolate cake or torte invented by Austrian Franz Sacher in 1832 for a Prince..more details I have never tasted a authentic Sachertorte before. I wish, one day i will have a chance to taste it.
|This is the piece of cake...don't look as tempting right??|
but i can tell you it is so so so good!!!
|See!! it is moist!|
|It is chocolaty...|
Sacher Torte (modify version) ： 巧克力秒杀蛋糕 (改良版）
makes 2, 6 inches round cake
recipe adapted from 美味蛋糕新主张-Chinese bakery cookbook.
here blog here
Ingredients for chocolate cake:
50g vegetable oil (i use canola oil)
15g unsweetened cocoa powder
100g bitter sweet cooking chocolate (i use milk chocolate)
80g egg yolk (i use grade A eggs - about 4 eggs)
180g egg white (i used grade A eggs - about 4 eggs minus 1 Tbsp)
120g castor sugar (i reduce to 100g as milk chocolate is sweeter compare to bitter sweet chocolate)
75g low protein flour (i used cake flour)
- Perheat oven at 170C. Prepare 2, 6 inches round baking tray. Do not grease the side, i just lined the bottom of baking tray. (i use a spring form baking tray)
- Pour canola oil and milk into a sauce pan. Heat it up until it is almost to the boiling point. You can see little little bubble starting to appear around the side of the pan. Leave pan from the stove. (i pour oil and milk into a mircowave proof bowl and zap in the mircowave for 30 seconds (high) twice) Add in cocoa powder, mixed well. Add in bitter sweet chocolate, (chocolate will start to melt slowly) mixed well.
- Stir in egg yolks to combine, into a smooth chocolate yolk batter. Set aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl add egg whites. Beat egg whites till foamy. gradually add in sugar in batches and continue beat until soft peak formed ( it will takes about 4 to 5 minutes using speed 3 at a hand mixer)
- Take 1/3 of meringue, with hand whisk to mix well. This will lighten the chocolate yolk batter.
- From a hand whisk change to a spatula, fold in alternately between the balance of the meringue and flour gently fold into chocolate yolk batter till well combined. (do not over mix)
- Pour into 2, 6 inches round baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven at top 170C and bottom 150C bake for 25 to 30 minutes. (i bake mine at 170C on middle rack with a baking tray at lower rack-to reduce the heat. I baked mine for 26 minutes. Please adjust your oven accordingly as oven temperature varies)
- Once baked, turn your cake tin upside down facing onto a wire rack and cool completely before remove from the tin.
- Cake is ready to unmould when it cool. Use a thin plastic spatula to run along the side of the baking tray and bottom of the baking tray. Place on a cake board or serve plate. Sprinkle with some icing sugar and serve. (my version without the chocolate ganache :p)
|It is simply a fabulous cake..it is a keeper!!|
Please link your post - here
Little Thumbs Up event starts on first Tuesday until the last day of the month. All are welcome to join us. To join simply cook or bake any recipe with the theme of the month, which is Chocolate in February 2015.
Don't forget your Thumbs Up or display this badge. Do make sure that
1) Your post must be a current post, preferably within this month
2) Please mention Little Thumbs Up in your post and link back to Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY or/and Life can be simple
Win US$160 Paypal cash this Chinese New Year!
For the first time, 16 fabulous cooking bloggers have come together to bring you the chance to start the Year of the Ram in the best way - by winning an ang pow*!
Please join the here
This Giveaway is brought to you by:
Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe
Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids
Alvin from Chef and Sommelier
Ann from Anncoo Journal
Cheryl from Baking Tai Tai
Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY
Fion from XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Diary
Jasline from Foodie Baker
LY from LY's Kitchen Ventures
May from Mayck-law
Ms B from Everybody Eats Well in Flanders
Regina from Mummymoo
Sharon from Delishar
Susanne and Phay Shing from Lovingcreations4u
Veronica from Peng's Kitchen
Victoria from Victoria Bakes
*Terms and conditions apply.
One prize of US$160 will be sent to the winner via Paypal. An email will be sent to the winner to notify him/her of the win. If the organiser (Diana) does not receive a reply within 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Please note if the winner does not have a valid and working Paypal account, another winner will be selected.
Good Luck and All the best !!
Good Luck and All the best !!