This is a expired post rather then a expired cake :p Like i have mention in my previous post that my wifi is dead...causes all my bakes and cooks queueing up to be post..LOL This is a cake i make for Mother's Day cum hubby's birthday. The previous cake (Rhumba Mousse Cake) i make for Father's Day is actual cum my birthday cake...hehe
It is a coincident that hubby's and myself's birthday (mine) fall on father's day and the other on mother's day. Save my job one stone kills two birds..=p
这是个过期的蛋糕贴子. 还记得我的wifi出状况吗? 就因为这样贴子托到现在才贴上=p
这蛋糕是二合一, 就是庆祝母亲节和老公的生日. 上个贴子伦巴幕欺蛋糕, 也是二合一, 是庆祝父亲节和我mui mui的生日呢!!
又一个水果蛋糕..^_^ 用了本地杧果(Kuini). 你有听过这种芒果吗?? 味甜芒香、果肉厚多汁、风味怡人是种吃了会很回味的一种芒果.
This is the Kuini fruits that is still on the tree.
Slices of Kuini mango ready to be blend into puree.
Don't you think this is a lovely natural colour??
Decorated with fresh fruits local mulberries. These berries are from my mum's house.
See that lovely teaspoon there? I love it very much. It a gift from a dear friend (Jessie).
She is so kind to send me this lovely teaspoon and a rectangle pie baking tin. I would like to say Thank you very much (感恩) to dear Jessie.
A school craft, hand made cupcake cases bouquet from my youngest.
His first mother's day gift for me..isn't that sweet!!
Tangerine Orange Cheese Mousse Cake (柳橙乳酪慕斯蛋糕)
recipe adapted from Carol 自在生活 with my modification in purple
(the recipe is in chinese, i am trying my best to translate in english =p)
1 heart shape mousse ring (18.9 cm x 17.8 cm x 5cm)
(i use a heart shape baking tin 18 cm x 16 cm x 7.5 cm)
A. side sponge finger
80 g low protein flour (i use plain flour)
60 g castor sugar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 T tbsp icing sugar ( sprinkle onto the sponge surface just before sending to bake in the oven)
B. Ingredients for tangerine orange mousse (i make Kuini mango mousse)
a. 100 g uht whipping cream (i used 150 g)
10 g castor sugar (i used 15 g)
b. 6 g gelatine leaves (i used 8 g)
150 cc tangerine orange juice (i used 140 g Kuini mango, add 30 ml water to blend into puree)
200 g cream cheese (i used mascarpone cheese)
30 g castor sugar
50 g plain yogurt
c. 1 egg white
25 g castor sugar
(I am serving this cake my kids so i did not add egg white)
Part 1. To do the side sponge finger
- Draw out 2 heart shape out line from the heart shape mousse ring or baking tin onto a parchment paper. 1 for base - draw 1 cm smaller and one for adding into the mousse layer draw 2.5cm smaller.
- In another piece of parchment paper draw a 10 cm length and 30 cm width for side sponge finger. ( i turn the parchment paper around and use the other side with no ink on)
- Separate egg yolks and whites and put into different mixing bowls. (do not have any yolk, water or grease/oil in the egg white)
- Sieved flour, set. aside.
- Preheated oven at 170C.
- Whisk egg white until forthy. Add in lemon juice keep whisking, adding castor sugar half at a time, keep whisking until meringue reaches medium soft peak.
- Add yolks into meringue and fold to combine.
- Add in sieve flour (divide 2 times to add in) and fold in well.
- Fill this batter mixture into a pipping bag with a fitted plain tip (nozzle). Piped the along the drawn heart shape and side sponge finger on the parchment paper. Sprinkle icing sugar onto the piped mixture evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 12 - 15 minutes.
pic A (moulding the baking tin with sponge heart and sponge finger)
1) Draw the shape of the heart shape baking tin on a piece of parchment paper. Piped out the sponge batter onto parchment paper.
2) This is the baked and ready for use sponge cake. (heart shape 2 pieces)
3) This is the finger sponge batter piped onto a piece of parchment paper.
4) Cut the baked finger sponge along the middle so that you can have two rolls equal size.
5) Lined the heart shaped baking tin with cling foil. Left 2 inches extra over hang outside the
6) Put in the first piece of heart sponge into the base of the baking tin. Heart shaped sponge have to be 1 cm smaller then the baking tin to let room for the sponge finger to sit in.
7) Lined the finger sponge along the side of the heart shaped baking tin.
- Whisk (a) uht whipping cream and castor sugar until medium soft peak form. Set aside or keep in refrigerator covered.
pic B (preparing the cheese mousse filling)
1) Peel and cut mango into slices and puree in a blender.
2) Whisk whipping cream in a cold bowl until it is in stiff and not dry. (do not over whisk or the liquid and fat will be separated and it will be very lumpy and not smooth)
3) Soaked gelatine leaves in cold and icy water for 5 minutes. When it is soften, squeeze out the water.
4) Put soften gelatine leaves into warm mango puree (i zap this puree in mircowave for 30 seconds). Set aside and let it cool. (make sure gelatine leaves are totally melted)
5) Beat soften cream cheese until it is smooth. (i am using mascarpone cheese. i just whisk it with a wire whisk lightly until it is smooth)
6) Blend in yogurt and the cool mango puree mixture together till combine.
7) Fold in whipped cream. Fold in lightly.
pic C Assembling the cake
1) Get ready the prepared, lined with sponge baking tin.
2) Pour half of the mousse filling in.
3) Lay the second piece of heart sponge onto the top.
4) Pour the other half in and level it.
Hope you will like this Mango Cheese Mousse Cake as much as we enjoy it!!