Another exciting month of Malaysia Food Feast(MFF). After the previous Terengganu month have ended here comes the Kedah and Perlis month host by Wendy of Table for 2 or...more
I am like chasing after a Korean/Japan drama episodes but this is MFF episodes. I am starting to appreciate more and more authentic Malaysian food from MFF. I am going to share a dish from Kedah. This is a dish i learn from Phong Hong Bakes, KERABU PELAM / MANGO KERABU
From what i understand kerabu means a mixture of ingredients (vegetables/ fruits/ rice/ meat etc) that mixed together with a dressing.
这次的主持人是Wendy. 我很喜欢这MFF, 我在MFF认识到很多很道地的马来西亚美食. 期待和追踪每个洲的到来, 我感觉我很像在追日/ 韩剧...哈哈
这次上的是在Phong Hong Bakes 家学来的吉打菜..芒果沙拉
I do agreed with Phong Hong adding the anchovy fillet really taste so awesome. I also like the plum sauce that she added it gives the tangy with a hint of sweetness in the kerabu.
Kerabu Pelam/Mango Kerabu
recipe source: Phong Hong Bakes
1 young mango, shredded
6 cherry tomato ~ (i used 1 medium tomato and cube it)
2 shallots, finely sliced
2 cili padi, finely sliced ~ (i used 1 normal chilly)
1 tablespooon dried prawns, soaked and drained
- Juice from 2 limes (limau nipis)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 anchovy fillet cut into small piece (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon plum sauce
- Crushed peanuts to garnish
- Rinse and drain the saked prawns and fry until brown and crispy. set aside. (i rinse and drain the soaked dried prawns, added a few drops of oil and place in a mircowave oven proof bowl, cover with kitchen towel and mircowave on high for 1-2 minutes.)
- In a bowl mix lime juice, fish sauce, anchovy fillet and plum sauce. Add a few slice of shallots to the dressing and set aside.
- Place shredded mango, cube tomato, shallots, chilly and dried prawns in a mixing bowl.
- Add dressing mix evenly.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts and servre immediately.
~Nice and yummy Mango Kerabu is Done!!
I am submitting this post to Malaysia Food Feast, Kedah and Perlis month hosted by WendyinKK of Table for 2 ... or More.