Love this simple and delicious Chicken Curry Mee. It can either be with bee hoon or mee or even with steam rice. I omitted the chilli paste to cook it into a kids version.
|Yummy! Chicken Curry Mee|
|Stir-fry the curry paste and lemon grass.|
|Add in chicken pieces.|
|Cook till chicken pieces are opaque or half cooked.|
|Add in water, coconut milk, beancurd puff, potato cubes and |
let it boiled then turn to low flame and let it simmer away!!
Chicken Curry Mee
Recipe mostly adapted from honey bee sweet
Serve 3 to 4
Ingredients for Curry paste:
6 gloves garlic
1 large red onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2-3 Tbsp Sing Long Chilli Sauce (i omitted)
Blend everything together until smooth in a food processor. Set aside for use later.
1.5 kg Chicken pieces, cut into smaller pieces (i used 4 chicken whole leg)
2 lemongrass stalks, bruised with the back of the knife (i slice it)
3" thick young ginger, slice thinly
4-5 Kaffir Lime leaves
1 package (200ml) coconut cream/milk (i use 200ml coconut milk from 1 coconut)
1 tsp chicken seasoning (i used maggi chicken granules)
1 Tbsp tomato ketchup
2 pandan leaves
2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
5 fried beancurd puff (dao pok), slice smaller, rinse with hot water, drain and set aside
5-8 large shrimps, peeled and devined (i omitted cause i don't have it on hand :p )
1 pack egg noodles
1 cucumber, julienned
salt, sugar to taste
1. In a large bowl, place chicken pieces in. Add in the paste and mix to coat all chicken pieces with the paste. Let it marinate for 20-30 minutes. (i did not do this but i will in my next cook)
2. In a heavy cooking pot, add 2 tsp of cooking oil over medium heat. Add in slice lemongrass and kaffir leaves. Cook for a couple minutes till fragrant.
3. Pour in curry paste, stir fry well. Add in chicken pieces and stir fry it is opaque about 5 minutes.
4. Add in water, chicken granules, coconut milk and ketchup. Give it a good stir and let it boiled. Add in pandan leaves, salt and sugar to taste.
5. Then add in potato cubes, beancurd puffs and combine well. Let it boiled, then reduce flame to low. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
6. While waiting for the curry to simmer. Pra-boil the egg noodles, drain and divide into individual bowls.
7. Give the curry a taste to adjust to suit to individual liking. Ladle chicken and curry gravy onto egg noodles and top with julienned cucumber. Serve hot!! i love having my curry mee pipping hot !! :p
This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up event hosted by
Jess from Bakericious
with her October 2015 theme - Coconut
organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and myself, my little favourite DIY,
Please link your post - this
1) Your post must be a current post, preferably within this month
2) Please mention Little Thumbs Up in your post3) Please also paste the Little thumbs Up badge in your post and link back to Bakericious, Bake for Happy Kids and me my little favourite DIY
**What is coming up next??
We are having Jozelyn from Spice Up My Kitchen, in the next coming event. It is wonderful to have her back again to host in November with her theme MANGO!!