November 06, 2014

Minion fondant cake (小小兵翻糖蛋糕)

This is the cake that i make into with the Walnut butter cake.  My cousin's little girl (Cherise) turn 4 years old, she request her mummy to make her a 'Minion' cake. Her mummy ordered a Minion cake from a local bakery but Cherise don't like it. She comment that the minion cake doesn't look like a minion and it doesn't have the blue jumper on. Cherise's mummy WeChat me to make her a fondant Minion cake. I accepted the mission and  i try my best to bake the cake her little girl wanted!! Sound simple right..:p This is a challenging piece of cake >< i had hiccups here and there while making this cake XD 
**I baked her a Hello Kitty cake on her 1st birthday here
I show you this yesterday !! I think you might have guess what it is...
昨天看到了黄黄的手臂,我想你也猜到是什么了吧!表弟的小宝贝生日要做个minion蛋糕。表弟媳就去蛋糕店定了个给她。结果这4岁的小宝贝说蛋糕不像minion,她不要。要妈妈再定过哦!表弟媳,发了个短信给我。我只好把工程接下!

Yes, A Minion cake size 6 inches width and 8.5 inches height.
做了个6寸宽8.5高的minion蛋糕。小宝贝,看了高兴的很。还跟妈妈说这个有穿衣服的。。。好!!
I used raw spaghetti to hold the black fondant for the hair.
用了昨天贴上的核桃奶油蛋糕食谱。做了2粒6寸圆形和1粒半圆形的蛋糕。(半圆形模可以在这)打好奶油霜就开工了。翻糖我用了一罐,白色的。颜色都自己调。头发就用了黑色翻糖把意大利面条包起来当支撑。整个过程还蛮好玩的。 只是在铺上黄翻糖时有点挑战。翻糖没铺好也不平滑还破了:( 告诉自己一定要做好),就再来多一片翻糖再铺一次。
After baking and cooling the cakes. It is time to assemble it.
With the Walnut butter cake recipe, i baked 2, 6 inches round cake and 1 half sphere cake.(see the half sphere mould here) While waiting for the cakes to cool. I prepared the mock cream to ice the cake. A whole can of fondant is used up for this cake. I used white fondant and tinted the needed colors with Americolor brand food coloring. It has to be oil base to achieve even color on the fondant.  When i first roll out the yellow fondant to cover the head. It didn't goes smoothly. The fondant wrinkle here and there. When i try to smooth it out the fondant ..tear into pieces XD. I had to remove the tear pieces and redo again another new piece. This time i cover the top (half sphere) part only. This makes it easier to smooth the fondant out. Then the second piece cover the body like a bath towel ..hehe. After the yellow part have completed the rest it not that hard to complete.

Phew!! finally,  mission accomplished. 
还好!!大功告成了!小宝贝也高高兴兴带去学校庆祝生日。。。^_^
********

13 comments:

  1. Oh my God, mui mui!!! You are really good! That Minion Cake really look exactly like the Minion! So perfect and so cute! Little Cherise must be very happy and I am sure that she gave the thumbs up to this Minion Cake :) Expect more orders hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mui, 太棒了!真的很像很可爱。你的翻糖蛋糕手艺超赞的。

    ReplyDelete
  3. 你真是静静。然后让我一惊哦!
    好pandai啊。好美丽 可爱的翻糖蛋糕。美 美!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isnt that gorgeous looking minion you have created? So perfect looking. Presented to me, I be jaw dropping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 厉害,超像的说,太棒了啦!!
    Super Like X 1000000000 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is 2nd fondant cake that I seen today, well done sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute minion cake! I love it! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Thumbs up to this Minion Cake ... mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 太赞了。。。muimui👍👍👍
    好可爱的说。。。

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mui mui, so cute your minion! Well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 好可爱的 minion,太棒了!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay! i guessed correctly, the deco is perfect, so pretty! hope I am able to make it like you, envy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog. I would love to hear from you.
Hope that you are having a nice day ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...