This is a nice and moist butter cake. The added walnut makes it a more wonderful cake. It has fine crumbs and the sweetness is just nice.
Would you like to have a piece?
|Thanks Ah Chi for sharing this wonderful recipe.|
Recipes adapted from Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
Makes a 6" round cake
125g butter (salted), room temp. (i used unsalted butter because i don't have salted butter at that moment :p)
80g castor sugar
2 eggs (A size)
1 tsp vanilla paste
2 Tbsp milk
110g cake flour (i add pinch of salt)
1 tsp baking powder
60g walnut, process in a food processor till fine
30g walnut, for topping
- Line paper on the bottom of the cake pan. Sift cake flour and baking powder, set aside
- Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar till fluffy and pale (take about 4 minutes using hand electric mixer at speed 2).
- Add in egg one at a time, mix well with each addition.
- Add in flour, walnut and milk, combine well. Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Bake in a preheat oven at 170C for 40-45mins or 180C for 30-35mins. (i baked mine at 170C for 43 minutes)