Thanks to Bake Along hosts Lena, Joyce and Zoe for having this Marble Butter cake as this month theme. Thanks again to Jeannie for sharing her marble cake recipe and thanks again to Wendy for her mrs ngsks butter cake.
谢谢Bake Along 活动的主持人们 - Lena, Joyce 和Zoe选择了云石奶油蛋糕当这个月活动的主题, 让我终于动手烘了这个很想尝试的奶油蛋糕食谱. 也谢谢Jeannie分享了同个食谱.
Alright!! stop thanking now..lol
This marble butter cake recipe is a keeper.
这个mrs ngsks奶油蛋糕食谱太棒了. 原食谱来自Wendy, 也谢谢她!!
The cake is moist, soft with fine texture. My fil (father in law) loves butter cake very much. He loves the butter aroma and he said its filling and not like cotton soft cake has no texture like butter cake and it is too soft and too spongy :p :p
我家公爱吃奶油蛋糕. 他说奶油蛋糕香,有口感又吃的包. 不像海面蛋糕太柔软了,咬没东西. ><
It has got a almost flat top :D
The side are nice straight and flat.
Can't wait to taste the cake. I slice the cake when it is still warm.
This is the first slice, first bite. Emmmm...so nice!!
top, from left to right: Mixed cocoa powder with 2 Tbsp of hot water and set aisde.
Fold 1/3 of the egg white meringue into butter mixture
Add a thin layer of plain batter into the prepared baking tin and spread evenly.
Add dollop of cocoa batter onto the plain batter.
bottom, from left to right: Add dollop of plain batter
Again add dollop of cocoa batter
Follow with plain batter again, Use a butter knife swirl the batter.
Follow with the last dollops of cocoa batter and lightly swirl the top.
Beat egg whites till stiff peaks form.
Nice and delicious marble butter cake is done ^_^
Adapted from Baking Diary and Table for Two..or More
230 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
50 g castor sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla paste
4 egg yolks (i use AA eggs)
2 Tbsp milk
200g self raising flour (sifted)
4 egg whites
150 g castor sugar
2 Tbsp 'Van Houten' cocoa powder mix with 2 Tbsp hot water
1. Preheated oven at 150 deg.C.
2. Greased and lined the bottom of a 7" square pan.
3. Cream butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add vanilla paste.
4. Add egg yolks one at a time, mixing well with each addition.
5. Add flour in 3 additions. In the first addition, add 1 tablespoon of milk. Mix on low speed until just combine. In the next addition, add in second tablespoon of milk and mix. The add in the last addition of four. Do not over mix.
6. In another mixing bowl. whisk egg whites till frothy and gradually add sugar. Whisk until stiff peaks.
7. Fold in 1/3 of egg whites into the butter mixture. Mix well and fold in the remaining egg whites.
8. Take 150 g of plain batter add in cocoa paste and mix well.
9. Alternated dollops of batter into the baking tin until all batter has use up. Use a butter knife to swirl the batter to create marbling pattern
10. Tap baking tin on work suface a few times to release air bubbles and to level the batter.
11. Bake at 150 deg C for 60 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted.
I am linking this post to the Bake Along event hosted by