Saw this mini cheese bread in "Original Flavor' while browsing through the book. Thought it is quite interesting. No need to shape the bread dough after mixing and kneading. All you need to do is to roll out the bread dough flat and square. Then cut into small cubes. Let it rise until it is 1.5 of it size and bake in the oven.
Sam called this parmesan cheese bites, he just can't stop eating one after another. The taste is a mild parmesan taste and the texture is soft.
微 微的帕马森干酪香, 再夹上一小片车达乳酪更佳呢 ^_^
一口接一口, 甜中带点咸, 哎哟!! 忍不住多吃几个!!
Texture of this mini bread is fine and soft. It is still soft even the next day :D
Wanna try some... help yourself with one, two and three bites ^_^
来吃, 一,二, 三口吧!!!
Let's check out the recipe here...
Mini Cheese Bread (一口乳酪面包)
method: straight dough (直接法)
recipe adapted from Original Flavor by Carol Hu
Yields: 60-70 mini ones
(mine is only 50-60 mini ones :p maybe mine is a bit bigger in size)
80 cc milk (i use 80ml milk)
1 egg ( i use size 'AA' 65g without shell)
30 g castor sugar (the second time i make this bread i use 30 g brown sugar)
1/8 tsp salt
200 g bread flour
1/3 tsp instant yeast
1 Tbsp parmesan cheese (the second time i make this bread i use 1 Tbsp grated cheddar cheese)
30 g butter (i use cold butter cubes)
(i am using bread machine to mix and knead the bread dough)
- Add milk, sugar, salt, bread flour, parmesan cheese into the bread pan. Make a well in the flour and add instant yeast into it. Add butter, putting it at the corner of the flour. Use dough function to mix and knead the dough. Then the dough will sit in the bread pan for the first proof about 60 minutes or double its size.
- When the dough is ready (after the first proof) take it out punch down to expel air, roll it round and let it sit for 15 minutes , covered with a piece of cloth. (i only let the dough sit for 10 minutes) Using a rolling pin rolled the dough out into a flat and square sheet, with thickness of 1cm. Cut into small cubes of 2cm x 2cm each small cubes.(i did not cut exactly 2cm x 2cm i only 'agak- agak' :p)
- Arrange the small cubes into a greased and lined with parchment paper baking tray. Spray some water onto it. Let it proof for another 40-50 minutes or until it is 1.5 bigger in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 12 - 14 or until the top is slightly golden brown.
For those who uses a stand mixer
- Add all ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl, knead till smooth dough.
- Add in the butter and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Spray dough with some water , then cover with cling film and set aside to proof till double in size.
- Proceed to no 2 from the above.
I am submitting this post to Cook-Your-Book #5 hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours.