~Ta..ta..a cake for a celebration~
Free and Easy Bake Along 1st Anniversary!!
Happy 1st Anniversary to Bake Along. I am making this cake Cookies n Cream Ice-Cream Cake specially for Bake Along. I never try baking an ice-cream before. I have always wanted to try to bake this for a special occasion and this opportunity comes along ..lol
Recipes is adapted from book 'Yummy cold desserts made easy~香滑易制冷冻甜品' by Kelly Tang
Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Layer Cake
Chocolate sponge cake:
240g sponge mix
60ml melted butter
1) Whisk sponge mix and eggs at low speed for 2 minutes. Pour in water and beat at high speed till fluffy. (Double the volume)
2) Fold in melted butter till combine. Pour mixture into 2 9"x9" greased and lined baking tray.
3) Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 15-18 minutes each. Remove and cool the sponge cake on wire rack.
Cookies & Cream Ice cream (i make half of this recipe)
4 egg yolks
25g castor sugar
7 pieces Oreo biscuit filling (i did not add this because I think adding this may be a bit too sweet)
200g Dairy whipping cream
250g non-dairy whipping cream (i used dairy whipping cream, because i am doing half of this recipe so i add 125g dairy whipping cream and 35g castor sugar)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
some crushed Oreo biscuits
Frosting: 200ml non dairy whipping cream
1) Beat A till well mixed and slightly pale. Bring B to boil at low high. Remove and add in A and mix well.
2) Double-boil this mixture until it is slightly thicken. Remove and cool over a cold water, keep stirring till cool and set aside.
3) Whisk non dairy whipping cream until stiff. Fold into (2) mixture, add in vanilla essence and crushed Oreo biscuits.
~the mixture is almost ready by adding the crushed Oreo biscuits~
4) If you are going to make ice cream then at the part you may pour the mixture into a container and sprinkle some more crushed Oreo biscuit on top. Freeze overnight or until set...
BUT i am making a layer ice cream cake..
this is how i assemble the cake:
1) I used a semi sphere baking mould to do this.
Put the mould onto the sponge cake and cut out the round shape.
2) Cut out 1/8 from the round sponge cake.
3) Place the cake into the hemisphere mould. It should fix nicely.
4) Spoon ice cream onto sponge cake, filling 1/2 full and place a piece of smaller round sponge cake on top. Again spoon the remaining ice cream onto the sponge and cover with another piece of sponge cake.
5) Freeze the cake for about 2 hours. Unmould the cake and spread the cake with whipped non dairy whipping cream.
~This is the iced cake~
6) I make the pumped icing flower into two tone. This is how i do it.
Fit the piping bag with a flower tip.
Fit the piping bag onto a tall glass like the one in the above picture.
Filled one side of the piping bag with white whipped cream(icing) and filled the other half with pink whipped cream.
When you pumped the whipped cream onto the cake, the flowers will appear two tone.
After finish decorating the cake, put back into the fridge until it is ready to serve.
Hope you like my Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Layer Cake..:)
This is the Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Layer Cake.
~does this look like a bouquet of flowers??
Its for the 3 hosts of Bake Along
Zoe of Bake for happy kids
Lena of Frozen wings
Joyce of Kitchen flavours
~The cut section of the cake..:p~
~have a slice please!!
Come join us in Bake Along, is a way to learn, to grow and have lots of fun..^^