This is a must have dish in my hubby's house for Chinese New Year. I remember when we are seeing each other time (not married yet ;) ) when I was invited to his house for New Year dinner i sure see this dish. This is one of my favourite other then the Braised duck with blue ginger (galangal) and soy sauce, Roasted 5 spice chicken, Braised pork trotter and etc..:D
Now this 'hakka stuffed tofu' is my boys' favourite.
吃的菜肴, 像这道酿豆腐, 还有卤鸭, 香菇焖猪蹄, 五香炸鸡等等
This is my homemade tofu..这就是mui家的自制豆腐了.
A nice and soft silken tofu will give you a nice and delicious stuffed tofu 'yong tofu' You can make your own tofu, here
**pic. a Slice the tofu into half for stuffing...把豆腐切一半来酿
Start stuffing the meat into the slit, a little at a time...
When the stuffing are filled up, wet your fingers and pat on the stuffing to slight bid the stuffing onto the tofu..当馅肉都塞好了, 就用手粘点水, 把酿好的馅肉按紧, 按滑!
After finished doing the stuffing, it is time for deep frying the stuffed tofu. When the oil is hot, add in the suffed tofu with the filling facing down. Doing this will let the stuffing cook evenly..当豆腐酿好就可以炸了..先把油烧热再把豆腐放入炸至金黄色. (豆腐下锅时把揉馅的部分向下, 先炸. 这样可让馅肉能熟透)
Stuffed Hakka Tofu
recipe: adapted from my mil's
8 pieces tofu (slice into half **pic. a)
some local lettuce
300 gm pork shoulder meat (mince)
2 cloves garlic..chopped
1 tbsp dried shrimp..washed and chopped
1/4 tsp five spice powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 egg..lightly beaten
1-2 tbsp of water
- Add all the stuffing ingredient into a food processor.
- Pulse a few times to let all the stuffing ingredients to combine well. When you see the stuffing is gluey and sticky then it is ready. (Do not pulse to long because we do not want the stuffing to become paste. We want a bit of chunky (meat piece) in the stuffing. This will add more texture when eating.)
- Start to stuffed the stuffing into the tofu.
- Heat up some oil to deep frying the stuffed tofu.
- When it is cooked and golden colour, dish up, drain and serve with local lettuce.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover