I received a small pack of pickled sakura from Sonia last two weeks. When i was shopping in her 'Kedai Runcit' i asked her did she sell pickled sakura? She told me she did not sell that but she can give me some. I am so delighted :) when she told me that. She is so generous to share some of her pickled sakura with me....
很开心 ^-^ 在两个星期前收到Sonia寄来的蛋糕分切器和她送的盐渍樱花. 当时我问她的 'Kedai Runcit' 有没有卖盐渍樱花吗? 非常亲切又大方的她说'没,不过可以送你一些!' 太好了, 高兴呢...
Once the pickled sakura was soaked in the glass of water..Ohh!! its so beautiful ....把樱花浸泡在水里的那一刻, 花瓣散开时..是多么的漂亮..浪漫啊!!
Looks how beautiful and romantic this is....很浪漫的感觉..是吧..(n n)
I am supposed to make a swiss roll with this pickled sakura but i saw this Sakura Chiffon and i fall in love with it ..LOL
A simple and plain looking chiffon when sakura is added the whole chiffon is transform into a Gorgeous and Elegant looking Chiffon..^^
Sakura Chiffon for you, Sonia.
Dear Sonia, thank you very much!!送给Sonia的樱花戚风蛋糕..谢谢你Sonia~(^o^)
Ask me how is the taste??
This chiffon is fluffy and soft. Gives a light fragrance scent and taste of sour plum..
Sakura Chiffon .. 樱花戚风
(original recipe is in Mandarin)
Ingredients for meringue:
4 egg whites
30g castor sugar
1g sea salt
a few drops of vinegar(i used 1 tsp lemon juice)
Ingredients for yolk batter:
4 egg yolks
10g castor sugar
75g low protein flour
45g corn oil
a 7 inches (18cm) tube pan
12 pickled sakura ( i used 9 only..have to save some up..)
- soaked the pickled sakura for 2 hours but i soaked mine for 30 minutes only..
- Dried it on a piece of kitchen towel, set aside 6 whole (pretty ones) pickled sakura and chopped the rest and coated with some plain flour..(i think i chopped mine too fine so it oxidize and it doesn't look pretty in the cake..:( Oohh!! blame me for that
To do yolk batter:
- In a mixing bowl add egg yolks. Stir in castor sugar, milk and corn oil to combine. Fold in flour and chopped pickled sakura then mixed well. Set aside.
To do the meringue:
- Whisk egg white and lemon juice till frothy, gradually add in 15g sugar keep whisking until mixture form soft peak. Gradually add in sugar 15g, beating at high speed until stiff peak. (i whisk mine till medium soft peak)
- Gently fold in meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
- Pour batter into a ungreased 7 inches (18cm) tube pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 170c on low rack for 40 minutes. (i tent my chiffon half way through to prevent it from getting too dark)
- Once cake is cooked remove from oven and invert cake until it is cooled. Slice and serve..:D
Hope you ENJOY this as much as i do!********