This is a very yummy kind of chinese food or I can said chinese snack "dian xing~ 点心". Steam bao,you can wrap all kind of filling inside. It can be savoury,spicy or sweet like red bean paste or peanut or even kaya. Its all depend on what do you like...
For me I like the meat and sengkuang type, it easy to prepare. My hubby likes the cha siew ones and my boys loves the red bean paste ones.
I am going to share with you the one I like meat, sengkuang and with egg in it.
Steam bao with filling of meat, sengkuang and egg....馅料:生肉,地瓜葛和鸡蛋..
400gms mince meat
200gms senkuang ~ washed, peeled and shredded
30gms spring onion ~ chopped
1/2 tbsp ginger juice
1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp corn flour
a dash of pepper
a dash of sesame oil
4 hard boiled eggs ~ slice into 4 eaches
1) Mix all the ingredients together until it is starchy. Set aside.
Plain Bao dough ingredients:
100gms castor sugar
500gms bao flour
10gms instant yeast
1) Put all the ingredients into the bread maker kneading pan. Use mode 11, let the machine help mix and knead for 25minutes. (If you do not have a machine to help, you can do this with your hands.)
2) Take out the plain dough and divide into 40-50gms per small dough.
3) Flatten the small dough and wrap in the filling. Place the ready wrapped bao onto a piece of baking paper.(cut the baking paper into a small square shape.)
4) Let the ready wrapped baoS rise for 10 minutes.
5) Steam the baoS in wok with high heat for 10-12 minutes.