Happy Chap Goh Mei to dear All! Hope that you have been having a wonderful and auspicious celebration. My kids are having a holiday for today and will be resume back to school tomorrow. We are having a great time enjoying good time and good food with relatives and friends. How time files today the Lunar New Year will be over.
This year i made my own 'Rou Gan'. 'Rou' in Chinese means meat and 'Gan' mean dried, then both words get together means dried meat or Dried BBQ meat. This is a super popular food in CNY and it is very addictive.
|My Oh my!! Look at this juicy Bak Kwa.|
今年想再来自制肉干。 去年有尝试做了，不过效果不是我喜欢的。 今年又再次挑战！很开心，效果很好呢！！谢谢这三位格友的分享。（Cheryl,Shannon和Sonia）三位的食谱都大同小异不过技巧各有千秋。Cheryl把Cognac加入，味道很香。 Shannon 的调料加了少许的食油让烤好的肉干不会太干。她也把调好的肉碎用擀面棍擀平，很方便厚度刚刚好。Sonia的简单调料和储藏技巧很棒。以上纯粹是个人的喜爱部分，可能您有您的看法。不过自己DIY的肉干可靠（你知道加了什么好料进去而不是防腐剂或添加剂什么的）又超好吃呢！！
Homemade Chinese Pork Jerky （自制肉干）
Recipe refer to: Sonia aka nasi lemak lover , Cheryl from Baking Tai Tai , Shannon from Just as Delish
makes 9 pieces from a size 13.5 inches x 9 inches baking tray (thickness 4mm)
Tools needed: a thin baking tray,a rollling pin, a piece of plastic wrap or cling wrap, a piece of parchment paper and a pizza cutter or a pair of gourmet shear (i bake and broil this pork jerky in Noxxa multi function breadmaker)
100g brown sugar
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 Tbsp Cognac (i use Remy Martin-Fine Champagne Cognac)
1/2 tsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1/8 tsp five spice powder
1 tsp dark sauce
1/2 tsp salt
500g mince pork (preferable with some fat -10%)
1 Tbsp cooking oil
A dash of pepper
1. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl with a chopstick in one direction till it is sticky and gluey. Cover with a cling wrap and store in fridge for several hours. (i left mine in the fridge overnight)
2. Please follow the below tutorial for preparing the marinated meat to bake and broil.
1. Lightly brush some cooking oil on the parchment paper.
2. Put the amount marinated meat that require onto the parchment paper..
3. Place a piece of cling wrap or plastic wrap on top of the meat.
4.Press it flat with your hand.
5. Press again with a rolling pin to flatten the meat further. With the rolling pin the meat will be press smooth and evenly flatten. Flatten it till it is about 4mm thick.
6. Arrange the sides to fit the baking tray.
7,8,9. Transfer the flatten mince meat along with the parchment paper into the baking tray.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 120C for 20 minutes.
4. Follow the below tutorial for the next step. (broil or grill or BBQ)
** You may store the rou gan at this stage in the freezer for later consume. Just defrost and grill or broil before serve. According to Ah Chi (Sonia) it will be even better taste if, can grill with charcoal. Adjust own temperature accordingly as you know your oven best!!
10. After baking, slice the it with a pizza cutter into the sizes that you prefer. (i slice mine into 9 pieces; with my tray size i can bake 2 trays of 9 pieces)
11. This is the look of the slice mince meat.
12. Get ready a rack with a baking tray lined with aluminium foil.
13. Arrange the slice meat onto the rack and start broiling. With my oven i broil top for 10 minutes; turn over and broil another 10 minutes.
14. DIY pork jerky is done.
15. Serve ^_^
|It is so awesome to serve this DIY pork jerky to my siblings and friends!!|