Mum: Let me see what i can do!!
This Chocolate Custard tarts is a modified version from my cheese tart. I wanted to try something different for Sam. He request for chocolate custard fillings and vanilla custard filling with fresh fruits topping. The vanilla custard with fresh fruits topping (Fruit tarts) i will share in my later post. This sweet crust pastry tart shell is rich and a crisp cookie like texture and the custard is smooth and velvety. It simply yummilicious!!
|Pre-baked tart shells.|
1. Rolled the disc dough between two sheets of plastic wrap or cling wrap into 5mm thick.
2. Cut with a round cookie cutter. Fit the round cut out piece into tart mould. (my round cookie cutter is 8 cm in diameter and tart mould is top 7 cm and bottom 5 cm) The sweet pastry have to fit flat onto the tart mould to prevent tart crusts from shrinking or blistering during baking. I do not use 'pie weights' but if you like you can do that.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 15 minutes or until the tart shells are slightly brown at the sides and cooked.
4. Remove the tart shells from the mould and cool on the wire rack. These tart shells can be prepared 2 weeks ahead. (Store the cooled tart shells in a air tight container for later use if you are not using them immediately)
|These sweet pasty tart shells can be prepared ahead and fill in the filling later.|
|Image from wiki-media,org|
Please link your post - here
Little Thumbs Up event starts on first Tuesday until the last day of the month. All are welcome to join us. To join simply cook or bake any recipe with the theme of the month, which is Chocolate in February 2015.
Don't forget your Thumbs Up or display this badge. Do make sure that
1) Your post must be a current post, preferably within this month
2) Please mention Little Thumbs Up in your post and link back to Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY or/and Life can be simple
For more details please see this
What is coming in March??
In March we have Faeez from Bitter Sweet Spicy to host with us and her theme 'BANANA'
Isn't that a healthy and delicious kind of fruit to have in bakes or cooks!! Do Bake or Cook something with banana and join us in March Little Thumbs Up event.********