Still share mooncake today?? ^_^
Is it not the mooncake festival had just passed.
Yes, yes,i must share this Kluang mooncake today.
Have you ever seen a rugby ball shape mooncake?
I read the interesting post Kluang Mooncake from my Ah Chi's (sister) blog, She mention that, this mooncake received good feedback from her family after she baked and let them sample. The crust is buttery and almost melt in mouth pastry with an salted egg yolk wrapped inside sweet lotus paste filling (low sugar)!
Later then i saw Pink lady from Lucky Inn baked this too.
Do you think this look like a little mice? My second ask me "mum, this look like a little mice to me! Is this a mice mooncake..LOL
The sweet lotus paste pair with salted egg yolk and the buttery almost melted in the mouth crust is SO GOOOOOD!!
Thanks Ah Chi for this fabulous recipe :D
(mine make into 8)
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover
175g butter, room temp
50g condensed milk or sweetened creamer
255g plain flour / Hong Kong flour
1 egg yolk
400g white lotus paste or your choice of paste (i used plain lotus paste and pandan dou yong paste)
8 salted egg yolks (brush with rice wine, steam for 5-10mins)
Egg wash- 1 egg yolk +1tsp milk or water
1. Cream butter and condensed milk till light,
2. Add in egg yolk, and beat until combine.
3. Mix in flour, mix till become a soft and not sticky dough.
4. Fill two egg yolks with lotus paste (100g each) and shape like a rugby ball. (i make mine into 50g each (lotus paste) with one egg yolk each
5. Then wrap the lotus paste with pastry (110g each) and also shape like a rugby ball. Place on a lined baking tray.(i make mine with 50g each pastry)
6. Use a fork to draw few lines on the top of mooncake. Egg wash the mooncake.
7. Bake at a pre-heated oven at 170C( fan forced) for 25-30mins. (i baked mine for 28 minutes)
My ah Chi make double yolk Kluang mooncake and i as ah Ber make single yolk Kluang mooncake...hehehe