From what i read in taiwanduck.com this Taiwanese Fried Chicken in Plum Sauce is a dinner and lunch favourite in Taiwan. Now it is a dinner and lunch favourite in my house ^_^
Yes, this taiwanese dish taste extremely good with it sweet and sour taste of the plum sauce. You will simply have another bowl of steam rice with it...trust me..you must try it!!
I don't know how to make my own sour plum sauce so what i do was to buy a bottle of plum sauce. I bought LKK plum sauce, hope that it is nearest to Taiwan taste.
It is quite simple to prepare this dish. Get ready all the ingrediets, marinate the chicken and start wokking.
These are the ingredients.
Marinate the chicken.
Double fried the chicken will make the chicken pieces crispy outside and moist inside.
Taiwanese Fried Chicken in Plum Sauce
Recipe adapted from taiwanduck.com
2 chicken breasts, sliced and marinated
some chopped bell peppers (i used yellow bell pepper only)
1 spring onion
half a carrot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
some sliced ginger
3 Tbsp plum sauce (i used LKK plum sauce)
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
*mixed all together in a measuring cup
1 tsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp corn starch/flour
*mixed all of this together in a bowl
The chicken coating:
sweet potato flour and corn flour (you can use potato flour and tapioca flour too, if you can't get corn flour - i used 1 1/2 Tbsp of each flour)
1. Clean and sliced chicken into strips.
2. Add chicken in a bowl with a splash of rice wine, (i used glutinous rice wine) 1 teaspoon of sugar and 2 Tbsp of soy sauce in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Cut the vegetables to your favoured sizes.
4. Put about 1 or 2 cm of oil into the frying pan. Let oil heat up a little.
5. Coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture. (i add flour mixture into the marinated chicken and mixed to coat)
6. Fry the chicken until golden brown. Take out and drain the chicken of oil.
7. Heat up the oil till very hot, re-fry the chicken again. Take and drain of oil..
8. Left 2 Tbsp oil in the wok, add in garlic and ginger slices. Saute till it is frangrant.
9. Stir fry all the vegetables till it slightly cooked.
10. Add fried chicken into the wok/pan/ Add in plum sauce, stir well. Add in thickening sauce. Simmer for a little while till the sauce is slightly thickening.
11. Dish up, it is ready to serve pipping hot with steam rice,
Dinner is Serve!!
Serve with steam rice!
What do you think of this??
My Sam told me "mummy you left out the carrot.
Let me add the carrot slice on!!
Mum, this bowl is mine!! ..lol"
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest, Taiwan Month,
hosted by Allan of Travelling Foodies.