I never bake OR cook with zucchini before. I always thought that zucchini is another type of cucumber from the cucumber family; like the taiwan cucumber. It is hard to distinguish cucumber and zucchini side by side, they might fool you. They both have exact dark green skin, pale and seedy flesh, and long cylindrical shape. However i found that zucchini flesh is more meaty ,taste like luffa and i love it :D They seems to be twin but in actual they are not.. Cucumber is from the groud family, it is a fruit and zucchini is from part of yhe cucuribita family, it is a veggie. Basically a fruit can be eaten raw or cooked and a veggie has to be cooked to taste better. The flower of the cucumber plant are not edible while the flower of the zucchini are edible and many consider them a delicacy. I never tried a zucchini blossom before but i have tried pumpkin blossom ;p Guess they look alike but don't know if they do taste alike ??
Heart shape Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake..The size of this bundt mould is only for 2 cups. I bake 2/3 of this recipe with this heart shape bundt mould and one small loaf pan - size 3.2 inches x 7 inches.
Grate zucchini with the skin on.
Bake Along event is baking a Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake.. i remember seeing the hypermarket around my area selling zucchini but when i need it is out of stock >o<
I only found it on-sell on Tuesday (5/8) and the Bake Along link is going to close on that day.
I bought it home and quickly bake it in the evening :p
This is a slice of the chocolate zucchini cake from the loaf.
Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
Recipe is from HERE
Below is 2/3 of the full recipe and Zoe's
35g unsweetened cocoa powder
85g sour cream
2 large eggs
1 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2/3 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder (i used nescafe)
125g butter, softened
100g granulated sugar
100g light brown sugar
1 1/3 cup coarse shredded zucchini with skin on
cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup sliced almonds (I omitted)
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease bundt pan and dust with unsweetened cocoa powder. (i used a heart shape bundt pan- size which is too small so i need another small loaf pan- size 3.2 inches x 7 inches)
- Whisk together sour cream, eggs and vanilla in a large cup. In another mixing bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder
- Combine butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream with electric mixer on medium high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low, and add in 1/3 of the flour mixture and beat until well mixed. Add 1/2 of the sour cream mixture. Repeat, alternating flour and sour cream mixtures and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in grated zucchini and chocolate chips
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45mins, until skewer comes out clean
- Let cool in the pan for 10mins, and invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely. (i can't wait for it to cool, i slice a piece to taste it when it is warm :p...ohhh!! it is so YUM!!)
This post is for Bake Along #65, an event organised by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours, Lena from Frozen Wings and Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids