Hi hi everyone!! Hope that you are having a wonderful weekend!! Its June now, yesterday was a holiday and today (2/6) too. The native of Sarawak (Iban tribes that is the Land Dayak and the Sea Dayak) celebrate Gawai Dayak Day!! Gawai literally mean festival. This festival is celebrated every year on the 1st of June at the end of the harvest season of the Dayak people. My kids are in their 2nd term school holidays too and it is a busy month for me :p
Little Thumbs Up in May hosted by Tze was a awesome month. Thank you Tze for being a awesome host for Little Thumbs Up!! We have collected 223 posts in May Little Thumbs Up event. Tze, Zoe and i would like to thank you for sharing and linking your posts to
Little Thumbs Up.
Next in this month JUNE we have another awesome host with us. She is Jozelyn from Spice up your kitchen with her theme
Come join us !!
Link your post here
**This was draft on the 1/6. Sorry that i only manage to publish it today due to my busy schedule :p
Do you love egg tarts?? I do, I do and i love it, very very much :D The tart shell has to thin, buttery, not too crumbly, crispy and most of all a smooth egg custard filling.
Although i love egg tart a lot but I can't find my kind of prefect egg tart recipe until i saw this recipe 'Durian Egg Tart' in Wendy' from Table for 2 or more.... MFF Pahang month which lead me to another of her recipe, Egg Tarts. My durian egg tart is here. I like the durian egg tart too. The tart shell of this tart is just what i like.
Simply beacuse i love egg tart, I tried Wendy's egg tart recipe and found that the tart shell is so yummy, it taste like cookies crust only that it is a bit too fragile to handle. It is also quite hard to remove from the tart case.. Since i like the durian tart shell more i decide to use the durian egg tart shell to make this egg tart this round.
Pour filling into the tart shell.
Pour filling almost to the rim. (i want more filling, i would pour in as much as i can but not too much or it will overflow :p)
Smooth and thick egg filling, which i like. The texture and taste is so good. I send some to church group friend. She and her mil love it very much. Guess what? they order 30 pieces to bring to a church gathering the next day ^_^
Egg Tarts .. 蛋塔
recipe source : Adapted from Table for 2 or more here and here
my notes in purple
Egg tart pastry:
250g unsalted butter (i used Anchor)
2 tablespoons castor sugar
400g all purpose flour
- Add butter and sugar into a food processor bowl. Pulse a few times til it is creamy. Add eggs pulse a few more times til combine. Add in flour pulse again till it comes together into a dough. (scrape down if it sticks at the side of the bowl)
- Take out dough from the bowl and bring them together to a lump. Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough into 4mm thick. Cut with a 7 cm round pastry cutter. Place dough disk into egg tart tins (my egg tart pan is 6 cm but if you are using a aluminium foil egg tart casing it will be like 7cm then you will need a larger round pastry cutter), and lightly press the dough to fit it onto the egg tart tin. (Make sure it is fitted firm and flat at the base of the egg tart tin. If there is air trap at the base, the egg tart crust will baked out to have a little dome at the bottom and can't hold much fillings)
- Refridgerate the lined tart tins till they are very firm. At least 2 hours. (I do this a day before, mine was in the freezer, covered, overnight :p)
150ml hot water
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs and 1 egg white
- Dissolve sugar in hot water, add sugar, salt, vanilla extract. Beat all eggs lightly and mix in all together.
- Sieve egg mixture and pour into cold tart crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C (fan) or 200C for 25 minutes.
** The tart crust from Wendy's recipe - durian egg tart is great. The pastry is easily removed from the tart tin. Leaving a nice and clean crust. ^_^
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2014, Butter) organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and me, my little favourite DIY, hosted by Jozelyn from Spice Up My Kitchen. Please link your post HERE!!
Little Thumbs Up (June)
Theme - BUTTER
Please join us!! To join, simply cook or bake any recipe with the theme of the month which is BUTTER for May 2014 and link with us at this post anytime until 30th June 2014 .
Don't forget your thumbs up or display Little Thumb Up badge! Do make sure your post must be a current post peferably within this month. Please also mention Little Thumbs Up in your post and link back to Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY or/and Jozelyn from Spice Up My Kitchen For more detail, please see this
请用上'小拇子的标签！切记您的贴子必需是本月的新作品噢！也请把您的贴link回到Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY 和 Jozelyn来自Spice Up My Kitchen.
Next in July we are having our hostess, Jasline from Foodie Baker and her theme "POTATO" !
Let us cook and bake and have fun together in this event. Everybody put your thumbs up!!