Soft and chewy texture. love the moist and soft raisin in it.
With this recipe i made 2 wreath ring buns and a Christmas tree buns.
Christmas tree buns with sesame seeds topping. I have seen Mel, Jeannie and Veronica is doing this Christmas Tree buns too.
This is how i do the wreath ring buns...
Made into 2 type of patterns. 2 wreath ring buns and a Christmas tree buns.
recipe adapted from : 手感烘焙, 台式经典面包(Handmade Breads)
method: straight dough
400g bread flour
100g all purpose flour
60g castor sugar
5 g salt
20g milk powder
5g instant yeast
1 whole egg
100g grape juice ( i used fresh milk)
50g unsalted butter
C..red wine raisin
30g red wine
** can use dried cranberries or dried blueberries
Soak the raisin in red wine for 30 minutes (i soaked mine overnight in the fridge)
1. Mix all ingredients A in a mixing bowl into a rough dough.
2. Add in B and knead into a smooth and elastic dough. Add in C and knead to combine well.
(i do 1 and 2 in my bread maker under mix and knead mode. I only added the red wine raisin into the wreath buns later )
3. Grease a clean mixing bowl, round the dough round and proof in the bowl for 1 hour or double its size. Cover the bowl with a piece of cling foil.
4. Punch the dough down to expel the air. Divide the dough into 150g each x 7 portions.
Each portion can make into a wreath ring buns. Please refer to the tutotrial above for making the wreath ring buns.
(i make 2 wreath ring buns of 270g each. For the Christmas tree buns i use 30g each x 17 pieces)
5. Arrange the buns into a greased and lined with parchment paper. Proof for another 50-60 minutes or double its size.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
I'm submitting this post to Cook-Your-Books #7 hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours