There is always cookies in the cookies jar of my house. My kids love to munch cookie a lot..:p
This is a cookies that often appear in my house.Love this cookies when it is plain with full of butter aroma. When i make a switch up with some cocoa powder it gives another flavor and it taste even better. Who doesn't like cocoa..^_^
My girl friend (Angie) gave me this recipe and i have been playing around with it by adding nuts , sometimes mixed fruits and now i am making it into marble with cocoa powder.
Marble German Cookies
recipe source, adapted fromy girl friend "Angie"
250 g butter
100 g icing sugar
250 g potato flour
100 g plain flour
- Cream butter and icing sugar until it pale and fluffy.
- Sift in potato flour and plain flour.
- Blend in with a spatula until it is just well combine. (do not beat with a hand mixer) (if you want the cookies to be plain you may proceed to chill the cookies dough)
Transform into chocolate marble cookies
Take 105 g plain cookies dough at 1 1/2 T unsweetened chocolate powder mix well.
Blend plain n chocolate dough together. Just mix a few stroke not to much or the marble effect will not be sharp.
- Chilled in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Scoop the chilled cookies dough with a spoon and roll into a small round ball.
- Place on lined (with parchment paper) baking tray.
- Flatten the small round cookies dough with a fork. (if the cookies dough stick to the fork, just dip the fork into some flour and repeat )
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150C for 25 min or till cook but not brown.
I'm sharing this post to Aspiring Bakers #36: Choc-a-cookie (October 2013) hosted