做了三轮, 不过第一轮是失败的. 蛋糕硬又不会发:(
可是蛋糕很香也不太甜就吃完了. (孩子吃时-点冷鲜奶..mui和老公吃时就点 kopi O )
不甘心的mui又做了第二次..成功了!! 蛋糕松软, 超香巧克力味,不太甜而是带苦甜 '味道..好好吃呢!!
My second chocolate cream pound cake. I have make 3 rounds for the cake. WHY??
The first round the cake was hard at the top -very hard :0
Oh!! I must bake again and must be a success one so i can link this post this to Bake Along :D
I remember Zoe thought me this cake is very crumbly that i have to be careful but mine is so hard but inside is moist and full of chocolate aroma. We finish the first cake...my kids dunking the cake in cold milk and hubby and me dunking the cake in kopi o ^O^
I try again the second time. YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!! This time it is not hard but nice and crumbly. The top is hard when it is hot from the oven but it is moist and nice when it is cold. It is gone within a day so i bake the third one..:D
This is the second cake, i can't wait to cut it when it is hot...
I wouldn't show you my first cake .. shame shame :p
1) Beat in cocoa paste into butter and sugar mixture till combine.
2) After mixing it is like chocolate batter.
3) Beat in eggs one at a time till competelly combine.
4) Pour cake batter into a lined loaf pan and it is ready to go into a preheated oven.
Chocolate Cream pound cake
( recipe from Cake Keeper by Lauren Chattman page 81 ) with my slight changes in purple
6 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
(i used van houten unsweetened cocoa powder)
1/4 cup heavy cream (i used whipping cream)
1 cup plus 2 tbsp unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup ( 1 stick ) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
(i used 3/4 cup of 1/2 brown sugar and castor sugar..I found this sweetness is just nice)
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan and dust with flour. I bake mine at 160C. I lined my loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Sift the cocoa powder through a fine sieve and into a heatproof bowl. Place the cream in a microwave-safe measuring cup and heat until just boiling, 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on the power of your microwave. Pour the hot cream over the cocoa and stir and mash with a spoon to make a thick paste. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
4. Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream with an electric mixer on medium high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice as necessary. Beat in the cocoa powder paste until smooth.c
5. With the mixer on medium low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, scarping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
6. Turn the mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, scraping down the sides of he bowl after each addition. After the last addition, mix for 30 seconds on medium speed.
7. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake the cake until it is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. (i bake mine for 60 minutes) Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes, invert it onto a wire rack, and then turn it right side up on a rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
8. Store uneaten cake in a cake keeper or wrap in plastic and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
This post is for Bake Along , a baking event organised by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours, Lena from Frozen Wings and Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids
Happy Baking :D