Never knew that this delicious chicken biscuits is from Kampar until Wendy's MFF for Perak month mention it. I tried made a similar kind of chicken biscuits before but it is quite different from this one. I like this version as it is the original Kampar chicken biscuits,
My Shawn loves this very much. He is the one who keep digging the cookies jar for this delicious biscuits. He told me this is his after meal dessert...lol
Kampar Chicken Biscuits...鸡仔饼
Recipe source: Minty's Kitchen originally from At Home With Amy Be
(A) Mix together:
300g plain flour, sifted
1/4 tsp baking soda, sifted
1/4 tsp baking powder, sifted
150g icing sugar, sifted
120g crystalised melon (tung kwa), finely chopped
1/2 tsp Chinese five spice powder
1/2 tsp mixed spice powder
60g sesame seeds (lightly toasted)
(B) - Mix together
20g garlic, pounded
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
30g maltose (mak nga tong)
2 pieces of red fermented beancurd (nam yue), mashed
100ml cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Line baking trays.
- In a big mixing bowl combine Ingredients (A) and (B) together into a crumbly dough. Cover the dough with clingwrap and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into small balls. Then place a ball in between two sheets of clingwrap and roll it flat.
- Transfer the thin dough onto prepared trays and bake for about 13 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool baked biscuits completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.