This month's host for Little Thumbs Up is Joyce from Kitchen Flavours and her theme is 'MUSHROOM' Mushrooms is one of my favourite. Difference mushrooms gives different taste, flavour, aroma and texture. Most of all mushrooms have lots of fibre in it :D
I saw this simple and wonderful stir fried recipe 'Broccoli and fresh mushrooms' from a magazine 'Feminine' when i was in a saloon. The color and the simple ingredients of this stir fried dish attracted me. I love mushrooms.
五月的'小姆子说好'活动的主次是来自Kitchen Flavours的Joyce. 她的主题是'菇类'
菇类的营养和纤维特别多. 菇的种类很多. 不同的菇类所给予的味道, 口感都不一样.
还记得上回带宝贝们到'沙龙'理发时在一本'风采'杂志看到这一道'鲜菇西兰花' 颜色鲜艳很吸引我. 当时快快把食谱拍下来了 ^^
This dish only uses 2 types of mushrooms that is the abalone mushroom and the shimeij mushrooms. I always wanted to try different kinds of mushrooms but sometimes if you are not familiar with certain kind of mushroom you might hesitated to give it a go!! This time with this recipe i have tried shimeij mushrooms which is new to me..:p
I found the crunchy texture of shimeij is just wonderful and delicious.
这道鲜菇西兰花味道很好!! 是用了百玉和鲍鱼菇又加了西兰花炒出来的. 口感很好, 很脆口.
每每在超市看见有不同种类的菇都想尝尝. 但是又怕味道不刚自己就又放弃想尝的念头了. 这次的的白玉菇就是我第一次尝. 我好喜欢呢!
Prepared all the ingredients..把所有的材料准备好!!
Do you like this bear carrots?? My kids love this :D 小熊熊 胡罗卜,宝贝们看了很喜欢呢!!
I'm linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event, hosted by Joyce, kitchen flavours, organized by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids and Doreen for my little favourite D.I.Y.
To join us, simply bake or cook any recipes using the ingredient for this month MUSHROOM. Submit your post by linking to the thumbnail linky provided at Joyce's post here
**I would like to apologize to Joyce for this delay post. This should be post when the event started...:p but there is some problems with my internet setting and my busy schedules so only now it comes back to normal (my internet setting and Me).. Anyway, thanks to Joyce for being such a wonderful host for LTU event.
'THANK YOU JOYCE'
- Your submission must be a current and new post
- Mention Little Thumbs Up in your post, and submit your post to the thumbnail linky to the host of this month, Joyce from kitchen flavours, and link to Bake For Happy Kids, and my little favourite D.I.Y.
- 只需在您的贴子里提您将把贴子分享给'Little Thumbs Up'. 后再把您的贴连接到Joyce from kitchen flavours,(当月的主持人) 这里后再连接回主办者, 就是Zoe来自Bake For Happy Kids, 和我(mui mui) my little favourite D.I.Y.
- Feel free to display Little Thumbs Up badge in your post.
- Last date of linking will be on 31st May 2013. 截止日期是5月30日2013.
What is coming up next month??
It is another excited month with the selected ingredient for June is Curry Powder or Paste and will be hosted by Everybody Eats Well In Flanders. Cook or bake any of your favourite curry dish, and link that up in June which shall start on 4th June.
接下来的六月的活动的主题是'咖哩粉/咖哩酱. 主次/领队是Everybody Eats Well in Flanders的Ms B.活动将于六月四号开始哦! 请大家热烈参与噢 ^_^
Broccoli and fresh mushrooms
recipe source: with a little modification from Yum Yum magazine (volume 83)
300g broccoli, cut into florets
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp chopped ginger (I used 3 slices)
200g shimeji mushrooms
150g abalone mushrooms
1/2 carrots, sliced ( I used fondant cutter to cut into bear shape)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
Dash of pepper
1 tbsp corn starch water for thickening
1) Blanch broccoli in boiling water with a little salt and oil.
Dish and drain. (I used a thick bottom pot, add a tablespoon of oil. Sauté chopped garlic till lightly brown add in broccoli cover. Sweat for 1 minutes. Arrange broccoli around the edge of a serving platter.
2) Heat up oil in a wok, sauté balance chopped garlic and ginger until aromatic. Add in the remaining ingredients, seasoning and stir-fry until cooked.
3) Lastly thicken with cornstarch water. Arrange mushrooms mixture on the centre of broccoli and serve.
Hope you will enjoy this mushroom dish as much as we do ^_^.
Please stay tune as i will have some more mushroom dish coming:D
希望您会喜欢这道料理. 接下来, 还会有更多'菇类'的料理跟大家分享的..欢迎您再来噢.^_^