Chiffon cake is a winner in my house. My boys could finish the whole chiffon in a jippy !! ;o..Pandan and orange are two most welcome flavour.
班兰戚风是我家最受欢迎的蛋糕呢!! 除了香橙的以外噢..:D 宝贝们回吃了片再片又一片..;p
My heart shape chiffon pan is a small pan. I like this recipe very much (this recipe in chinese the authour is a Japanese - volume 7) which normally i use my round 7 inches chiffon pan to baked this. But in order for me to use the same recipe but baked in my heart shape chiffon pan i have to divide the batter to other pan. I put the divided batter into square cupcakes casing instead.
我就把书里面的香草戚做了一点改变, 就变成班兰戚风了. 可是这分量给我的心形的模还是有点太多,..因为太喜欢这个食谱那我只好做了一些方形的小杯戚风.
My square cupcakes chiffons. It is nice too to make into little square cups. Looks like hokkaido chiffon just without the custard cream..:D
戚风蛋糕是个蛮欺负人的一种蛋糕. 打蛋白就是那蛋糕美不美的关键了.有以为朋友说这种地叫"气疯"蛋糕..让她有爱又恨..呵呵!! 爱因为超好吃,油不多也不让腰围加太厉害; 恨就是时做很美时又不美会沉..你说呢??? XD
1 heart shape pan and 5 square cupcakes cases ; 1个心形模和5个方形小纸杯
Left is the chiffons after inverted.
1- i hand whisked my egg whites till medium soft peak.
2- Filled my batter in, about 75% full.
3- the chiffons from the oven.
recipe source: Ecole de patisserie . tsuji
(with a little changes)
A: egg yolk batter
3 eggs (60g each)
20g castor sugar
2 tbsp (30ml) water (i used coconut milk + pandan juice) Note..1
30g canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence/ 1/2 stick of vanilla bean Note...2
50g plain flour
Egg white meringue:
3 egg whites (90g)
50g castor sugar
(i added 1/4 tsp lemon juice)
To do yolk batter:
- In a mixing bowl add egg yolks. Stir in castor sugar, coconut and pandan milk and canola oil to combine. Fold in flour and mixed well. Set aside.
To do the meringue:
- Whisk egg white till frothy, add in lemon juice continue beating until mixture form soft peak. Gradually add in sugar, beating at high speed until medium stiff peak.
- Gently fold in meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
- Pour batter into a ungreased 7 inches (18cm) tube pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 170c on low rack for 30-35 minutes. ( i baked mine in a heart shape tube pan and 5 square cupcake case and i baked mine at 170c for 30 minutes)
- Once cake is cooked remove from oven and invert cake until it is cooled. Slice and serve..:D
Hope you will ENJOY this as much as i do!!
Note 1...i used pestle and mortar to sort of gound my 3 pieces of pandan leaves (cause my blender break down..LOL) and add into coconut milk to extract the pandan juice and strain and take 2 tbsp of coconut pandan milk
just add pandan leaves and coconut milk into a blender to blend. Then strain and take 2 tbsp.
Note 2..If you are making pandan flavour you may omit the vanilla flavor.
This is another pandan red bean cake that i baked on the following day.
I take out quarter of the batter to mix with 1 tbsp of honey red bean. Pour pandan batter first and top with the honey red bean batter.