ML is a friend who is a housewife. A full time housewife, she is always neat, tidy and trendy everyday. She bought a new recipe book sometime ago and she wanted to do one of the recipe inside and did not know how. She gave me a ring and we get together to share this recipe.
The result was awesome. This Blueberry CheeseCake is really tasty and not too sweet or too rich. If you like blueberry, you might like to try this cheesecake.
~Basically this cake have three layer..the base, the filling and whip cream with blueberry filling~
Ingredient for the cake base:
100g cream cracker ~crush into fine crumbs
60g butter ~ melted
1) Mix ingredients together and press into a 8' round loose baking pan. Set into fridge for later use.
~ Mix biscuit crumbs with melted butter~
~Biscuits crumbs after mixed with melted butter~
~Press the mixure biscuit crumbs into a 8" loose bottom baking pan firmly ~
Ingredient for cheese filling:
(A)350g cream cheese~soften at room temperature
(B) 4 egg yolks
180g whipping cream
180g whipping cream
(C) 15g plain flour ~ sieve
15g corn flour
(D) 4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
250g blueberry pie filling
250g fresh cream (non dairy whipping cream) ~ whipped
1) Beat cream cheese and butter til smooth. Add in egg yolk one at a time, mixing well every addition.
2) Blend in whipping cream till combine.
3) Add in corn flour and plain flour mix well, set aside.
4) In a clean mixing bowl whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till, rough bubbles appear.
Then add sugar, divide in 3 times to add so that sugar dissolve well. Whisk this till soft peak form.
~ Fold yolk mixture into egg white form ~
5) Fold (4) into yolk mixture. Divide three times to fold in. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Wrap the baking pan with a double layer of aluminium foil to prevent the water from sipping in.
6) Preheated oven at 150c and water bath bake for 55 minutes.
~cake is done...=) ~
~After the cake is cooled, unmould it, spread whipped cream and blueberry filling ~
~When taking this picture, can't resist .... so I...:p~
** I top the cake with gooseberry, I found this in a supermarket while we go grocery shopping in one of the weekend.
~This is the Gooseberry that I bought back~
~ After peel open the outer skin inside is the berry ~