~Mini Cheese Tarts ~
250g all purpose flour
125g unsalted butter
63g icing sugar~sieved
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cold water
1) Sieve flour and icing sugar in a bowl, rub in butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2) Mix in cold water,vanilla essence and yolk to form into a soft pilable dough. Knead to bind well.
3) Wrap the dough in cling foil and put in fridge for 30 minutes.
4) Take out the dough and divide into small portions. Mould the doughs into each pastry tart cases.
5) Preheated oven at 180c and bake for 14 minutes. This is to pre-bake the tart cases. (please refer to my previous post Strawberry cheese tart for blind bake or pre-bake details: http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=3539883294495207140&postID=8187028107782828664
~This is the blind baked tart case ~
~ ready to be fill in with cream cheese mixture ~
Ingredients for the filling:
250g cream cheese
60g castor sugar
Different types of filling eg: kiwi, strawberry or blueberry. If don't like with filling then a plain one is just as lovely.
1) Cream cream cheese and butter together until it is soft and creamy.
2) Beat in castor sugar and egg until just combine.
3) Spoon cream cheese mixture into pre-bake tart case and bake in a 180c oven for 10 minutes.