Swiss rolls have always been the kind of cake that I would like to lay my hands on....BUT I never have the guts to try it....So so scare that I would fail to do it. Maybe that is what I demand from myself...do everything have to do up to my own standard....:p
Until recently I came to know this book from Facebook.
The title of this book is " 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷". It is so great, only from this book, that I know that swiss rolls (蛋糕卷) can be so much variety, so simple and easy, so special and so delicious...^^
The variety of Swiss rolls in this book consists of 5 types of cake basic, the filling of the roll like the butter icing, which I really love it and also the milk base pudding and fruits that can also be roll into the cake. The steps and the instructions that is in this book is so clear, easy to understand and follow.
If you also wanted to try to do Swiss roll or have known how to do a swiss roll, I recommend that you buy this book, you will love it and will benefit a lot from this book.
~This is my debut...Vanilla Swiss Roll...I really love the butter cream filling...my boys love this swiss roll~~
The butter cream ingredients:
80gm unsalted butter
20gm icing sugar
50gm whipping cream
1) Beat butter and icing sugar until pale and light.
2) Turn to medium speed, while beating slowly pour in the whipping cream and mix well. Set aside for later use.
Swiss roll ingredients:
(A) 4 yolks (grade A eggs)
25g castor sugar
40g corn oil
} mix this together
} mix this together
80g plain flour
(B) 4 whites (grade A eggs)
80g castor sugar
1) Get ready a swiss roll tray (my tray size is 24cmx28cm) lined with greased proof paper and preheated oven at 180c.
2) In a mixing bowl whisk yolks, castor sugar together, add in corn oil and milk mix to combine. Add in flour and mix well. Do not mix too long. Set aside.
3) Beat egg whites and sugar until soft peak form (fluffy).
4) Fold (3) the egg white mixture into (2) the yolk mixture. Divide into three parts to fold in. Do not over-mix.
5) Pour into swiss roll tray and bake for 14 minutes.
6) Take out and cool on a wire rack, about 5-8 minutes.
7) Place the top golden side of the cake facing upwards, spread butter icing even onto the surface of the cake. Then roll it up neatly.
**This is a great book to keep, go get one for yourself...^^