宝贝们16日庆祝...教师节..^^ 他们非常兴奋,邀求妈妈做了个蛋糕送给老师们. 他们就七手八脚帮妈妈做了个蛋糕....^^
~Happy Teacher's Day Cake~
My boys (Shawn and Samson) is celebrating their teacher's day on the 16th May. They wanted to give their teachers a surprise. They help me up by baking a special cake for their teachers.
We made a Super Cheesecake and do a simple decoration with tinted chocolate decorations.
~melted cooking chocolate, spread on the tinted paper, when the chocolate is semi dry, cut with the cookie cutter or scratch with a toothpick any design that you like and put in the fridge for let the chocolate set~
~Another super cheesecake... this one is for ourselves and friends ;)~
Ingredient A (sponge cake) :
100g plain flour
60g corn flour
150g castor sugar
5 egg whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp ovalette
1 tsp baking powder
(sieve plain flour, corn flour and baking powder together and set aside)
1 oz Ideal milk (evaporated milk)
2 tbsp cream cheese spread
1 oz butter (melted)
1) Preheated oven at 180c. Prepared 2 8"x8" trays greased and lined with parchment paper or baking paper. Set aside.
2) Beat eggs, castor sugar and ovalette until thick and ribbons like batter. Turn mixer to low speed and add in flour slowly just to combine.
3) Beat B in another mixing bowl and add into the above mixture (1) slowly with low speed just to combine. Do not over beat.
4) Pour into 2 greased and lined with parchment paper, baking trays.Bake for 14 minutes each tray.
5) Turn out the sponges on a rack to cool.
Ingredient C (cream cheese frosting):
250g Philadephia cream cheese
4 tbsp condensed milk
(depends on how sweet you want it, just add or reduce the condense milk to suit your likes)
Some shredded Cheddar Cheese
1) Cream the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add in condensed milk and cream until smooth too. If you like you may add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1/2 a lemon zest.
2) Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese frosting on one piece of the sponge and lay the othe piece of sponge on top and spread 1/3 of the cream cheese frosting on top and the other 1/3 of the cream cheese on the sides of the sandwich cake.
It's all done. Taste the cake.
**Chilled the cake before you serve it. It is nicer that way and the cut will be neat and nice...Happy trying...^^