This pastry always come in really handy when you have friends come for afternoon tea...^^
Short Crust Pastry
250g self raising flour
pinch of salt
125g pastry margarine
3 or 4 tbsps of cold water
1 packet of sausages
1 egg light beaten
1) Sieve flour and salt in a bowl, rub in pastry margarine until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2) Mix in cold water to form into a soft pilable dough. Knead to bind well.
3) Roll out pastry to a long strip approximately 12cm wide and cut a rectangler, measuring 12cm x 10cm.
4) Place a sausage on the pastry. Then roll up pastry to enclose the sausages. Damp the edges amd seal neatly.
5) Arrange the ready rolls on a baking tray. Brush with beaten egg and prick twice on top of the rolls with a fork. Bake in a hot oven at 230c for about 18 to 20 minutes.
It is simple just use sausage or tuna or even jam like blueberry or strawberry. It just taste as delicious........^^
**Tips: To make water really cold, just add a few ice cubes to it a couples of minutues before you need to use it. If you are runing short of time, make this pastry in a food processor~it would alter the quality of the finished product.