Its afternoon tea again, today we are having cream corn bun. This is a corn shape bun, looks like a seashell. I like this because I can filled it with any flavour of cream. Like this ones I filled it with blueberry cream cheese, Mmm.....yum.
Ingredients for sweet dough:
300ml cold water
7 tbsp castor sugar
1/2 tsp salt
500g bread flour
2 tbsp milk powder
2 tsp instant yeast
To do: I am using Noxxa breadmaker machine to do this bun.
1) Put in all the above ingredients one by one into the bread pan.
2) Press mode 10, it will take about 55 minutes included first time proof for the dough.
3) When is ready, take out the dough and light floured the work surface to prevent the dough from sticking.
4) Divide the dough into 30gms-40gms small round doughs.
5) Cover the small round doughs with a piece of cloth and let it sit for 10 minutes.
6) You need a corn shape mould to make these corn buns. Roll small round dough into round strips and curl it around the corn mould. Do the same to all of the small dough.
7) Cover with a cloth and let it proof for 45 minutes or double it size.
8) Preheat oven at 180c. Bake the corn buns for 16 minutes.
9) Let it cool before pipe in the filling.