Muffins could be a very filling kind of snack. It can be a breakfast or tea time snacks. I like this muffin because it had carrot in it. Kids sometimes do not like vegetable and with the carrot in a muffin they will eat without realizing there is carrot in the muffin......^^
Carrots and Walnut Muffins
125ml corn oil
125g brown sugar
1 large egg
105g self raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
a pinch of salt
100g carrots (grated)
35g walnuts (chopped)
40g pineapple(crunch and drain)
1) Preheat oven at 180c.
2) Beat ingredients (A) until well combined.
3) Add in ingredients (B).
4) Fold in ingredients (C) and pour into ready muffins cases or paper cups.
5) Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
**If you like to frost these muffins, you could do that too with cream cheese frosting.
Ingredients for cream cheese frosting:
125g cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1) Beat cream cheese until smooth.
2) Add in icing sugar and lemon juice, beat until smooth.
3) Cool the muffins before frosting it.