I like this ones more. These ones are rolled in sesame seeds.
It gives the fragrant smell of the seeds and the crunchy bite too.
I change the sweet potato to pumpkin and it does taste different.
350g pumpkin paste
60g glutinous rice flour
40g castor sugar
some red bean paste filling
some tapioca flour
1) Clean and scrap the pumpkin seed from the pumpkin.
Do not peel the skin. Steam with high heat for 30 minutes.
2) Use a spoon to scoop the cooked pumpkin flesh out and
mash into paste while it is still hot.
3) Mix glutinous rice flour and sugar with the mashed pumpkin
paste. Knead intoa dough. If the dough is sticky rub some
tapioca flour on your hand.
4) Divide the dough into small portion or roll into balls. Flatten
the ball and put asome portion of red bean paste filling on top.
Wrap up and roll into oval shape. After all balls are wrapped up,
roll each of it with sesame seed just before frying.
5) Deep-fry the dumpling with medium flame until it is golden brown
and crispy.Dish up, drain excess oil and it is ready to serve.