CheeseCake is almost everyone's favourites, you can DIY (Do It Yourself). The cake will be much more richer, more yummy it wouldn't be too sweet and definitely cheaper. I used to make cheeseCake with cream cheese but this one is different. I used slice cheddar cheese for Sam's birthday cake. The slice cheese is really handy because we have it everyday for my kids.
(a) 130g fresh milk
4-5 pcs of slice cheddar cheese
(b) 20g plain flour
15g corn flour
some lemon zest
(c) 2 yolks
(d) 3 whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
80g castor sugar
1) Use a thick bottom pan to double boil (a) until it is melted. Set aside to cool.
2) Add yolk into the melted mixture one at a time until it is well incorporated. Then stir in (b) to combine. Set aside for later use.
3) In a clean and grease free bowl beat whites and cream of tartar in medium speed and add in sugar gradually. Turn to high speed beat until soft peak form.
4) Fold in the egg whites into the cheese mixture gently until it is all well combine.
5) Pour into a loose bottom 7" round cake tin and water bath in a preheated oven at 150c for 55 minutes.
6) When it is cooked, take out from the oven and leave cake cool in cake tin.
Note: To prevent water from getting into the loose bottom cake tin, do wrap the outter cake tin with a piece of aluminium foil.