A dear friend of mine is going back to Sibu to celebrate Chinese New Year. Sibu is her hometown and her sisters and brothers are all going back to Sibu too. It's really a big family reunion for her. So I made a cake specially for her. I made her a Brownies Marble Cheese. Wishing her and family.........
~Brownies Marble Cheese~
Ingredients for the brownies:
20g chocolate powder
150g castor sugar
120g self raising flour
Ingredients for the cheese layer:
250g philadephia cream cheese
60g castor sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla essence
1)Preheated oven at 170c. Melt butter in a thick bottom sauce pan. Then add in chocolate powder and stir to combine.
2) Add in sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
3) Sieved the self raising flour twice before adding in to the mixture. Mix well.
4) Prepare a 8" x 8" baking tin. Lined with parchment paper o aluminium foil. Do leave extra parchment paper, over hanging at the sides of the baking tin. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin.
5) Bake the brownie for 9-10 minutes.
**6) While waiting, we can prepare the cheese layer. Cream the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beating in egg and lastly water until is well combine.
7) When the brownie is taken out after 10 minutes, it is only half cooked. You can see that the centre of the brownie is still no cooked. When you shake it, it will wobble a little.
8) Use a fork to scrap the centre of the brownie. Pour in all the cheese layer mixture on the scrap area and swirl it with a small knite to create the marble effect.
9) Return the uncook brownie into the oven (170c) and cooked for another 25 minutes. When it is cooked. Cool it before taking out of the baking tin.
"Hi, lee this is specially posted for you. Happy Baking."This is a recipe from a book named Baking Made Easy.