I always do this in 2 in 1 style hehe... That is I cooked ABC soup with all these ingredients and its also for making this mashed potatoes at the same time.....I will scooped up the potatoes, carrots and etc for my baked potatoes cups and the extra soup and potatoes, carrots, chicken for my kids..... hope this will help you too. ^^
Baked mashed potoates in a cup
500gm potatoes, peeled and cubed
120gm carrot, cubed
1 big onion, wedge
1 pc chicken breast or
2 pc of whole leg(trim away the fats and skin if you do not want too oily)
1.5 - 2 litres of water (depends on how much soup you want)
Ingredients for the white sauce:
30gm of butter
200ml of fresh milk
2 tbsp of flour
11/2 tbsp of ground black pepper
salt to taste
1) Put all the ingredients in a thick bottom pot bring to a boil and turn to simmer for about 40 minutes to an hour. (This is the ABC soup, simple and nutrious for kids, my kids love it.
2) Scooped out the chicken and cubes it, side aside. Scooped out the carrots and potatoes, drain.( if you like the potatoes to be mashed you can mash it now with a masher).
3) Melt butter in a thick bottom pan, once it is melted pour in the flour. Stir till all of the flour is incorporated with the melted butter.
4) Pour in the fresh milk stir, add in ground black pepper. Mix till there is no lump and smooth. Once it is thicken a little leave it from the flame and cover it will a cling foil to prevent a layer of film forming.
5) Add a little butter in a pan to saute the onions. Add in cubed chicken stir fry a little, pour in the carrots, fry a while then add in the potatoes. Add in a little ground pepper and salt to taste. Pour in the white sauce and stir to combine.
6) Dish up the ready cooked potatoes and let it cool. When it is cold, fill them into aluminium cups. It makes about a dozen or more. You can put the potatoes cups into a container and into fridge. It can last for 3-4 days. When you need them, you can just pop them into the oven and with top and bottom grill for 15 minutes.
**Oh ya! Before you pop them into the oven do remember to top the potatoes cups with some shredded cheese (any type you like) I prefer the mix of cheddar, mozarella and parmesan or you can simply buy the ready packed. This will make the baked potatoes cup even more yummy with the cheessy taste.