Deep Dark Chocolate Cupcakes studded with melting chocolate chips, these cupcakes don't even need icing. This is what stated beside these cupcakes when i read it here.
These fudgy cupcakes are really delicious. It is moist, fine crumbs, rich chocolaty taste of cocoa and chocolate chips.
No frosting needed, it is just as deliicious on its own.
I used Hershey cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips
All dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. pour in the wet ingredients and mix, mix, mix..
Do not over mix :p
Moist and fudgy ...with chocolate chip studded everywhere :D
One bite please...
Recipe adapted from kingarthurflour.com
85g Dutch-process cocoa (i used Hershey cocoa powder)
283g All-Purpose Flour
354g brown sugar (i used 150g)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional but tasty (i used instant nescafe granules)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
255g chocolate chips (i used 150g)
3 large eggs
14g vanilla extract
1 tablespoon vinegar, cider or white (i used mix fruit cider)
100g vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C. Line two standard 12 cup muffin pans with paper or silicone muffin cups and grease the cups. (i used paper muffins cases)
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, sugar, baking powder, instant coffee granules, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Set aside,
3. In a large measuring cup or medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, oil and vinegar, Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing until everything is well combined.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffins pans or paper muffin cases, filling about 3/4 full.
5, Bake the cupcakes for 20-25minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center of one of the middle cupcakes comes out clean.
6) Remove the cupcakes from the oven and as soon as you can handle them, remove them from the pan, and transfer to a rack to cool. Store cooled cupcakes in a airtight container.